You're Going to Learn So Much!We're giving you everything we've got when it comes to writing...so you can be more prepared than ever!
Here is just a sample of the topics we'll be covering...
- Uncover the latest tips, tricks and tools for marketing your book–and yourself–effectively.
...and more reasons you should attend!
- And SO MUCH more!
Don't miss this unique opportunity!
Join editors, agents, veteran authors and first-time writers for a weekend that will ignite your career!
Our World Class SpeakersAuthors, agents and editors. You'll be learning from the best of the best--with decades upon decades of real-life experience among them.
Learn from the Best in the Biz!
2018 Conference ScheduleClick any session below to read more about it. Schedule subject to change.
Also–join us for a very special Saturday Night Banquet! This year, WriterCon is taking advantage of the Skrivin’s beautiful Venetian Room to provide an unparalleled experience for you! For a small additional charge, you will have a first-class meal in a gorgeous ballroom with a breathtaking view of the city. During the banquet, we will announce the winners of the contests and you will hear the keynote address from our Guest-of-Honor, James Scott Bell.
Want more one-on-one time with our speakers? We have VERY limited number of tickets to our Friday night Dinner with the Stars–one table with James Scott Bell and one with Erin Hennicke. Each dinner is a laid back, small group session you’ll never forget. If you’re interested, get your ticket today. Last year they sold out within hours!
Get the most out of the weekend! Upgrade your conference by signing up for Mastercraft classes on Monday. Extend your stay by one day and join us for a small class intensive or two that will take your writing–and career–to the next level. Choose from any of the following…
In this 6 hour workshop, #1 bestselling writing coach James Scott Bell will teach you the innovative tools and techniques that will move your fiction from good to unforgettable.
During this time, you’ll learn about:
– The “mirror moment,” a crucial beat that reveals the true heart of your story
– The secrets of dazzling dialogue–the fastest way to improve any manuscript
– The essence of irresistible fiction
– The magical mirror moment that will illuminate your entire story
– The stakes that make your story worth reading
– The LOCK System for a strong foundation
– The “Doorways of No Return” that guarantee solid structure, every time
– The 7 keys to creating unforgettable characters
– The fastest way to improve any manuscript
– The essentials of dazzling dialogue
– How to find what agents and editors always ask for–and what readers are drawn to: a unique, compelling voice
– The three-pronged secret to developing “voice”
…and much, much more. Sign up today!
USA Today Bestselling author Lauren Smith will take students through all the critical elements of creating a brand and establishing an online presence on social media and other mediums to enable readers to find and identify them by their writing. Smith will also address connected concepts to author branding such as–marketing and the craft of writing as well as career development. Smith focuses on practical tips to make your website, blog, and social media accounts engaging, unique and reader friendly in order to encourage sales. Writers who are published and those just getting started can all benefit from the various lessons in this comprehensive course.
You will learn how to:
• Figure out what your brand is
• Learn the basics every writer website needs
• Study the basics of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Learn about alternative branding sites: Amazon Author Central, Book Bub
• The art of author newsletters and why you need them
• Learning the traits of readers and how they interact with authors
• The “Naughty List” of things you should NEVER do
• The basics of promoting yourself and your work
• Embracing the extrovert nature of promotion while being introverted
• The joys of author branding and discovering your career path.
Bestselling author William Bernhardt will take a small group of writers through the process of planning a novel, focusing on your ideas or work-in-progress, bringing fresh insight to concepts such as character, plot, and viewpoint to bring your story to life. Bernhardt will also address less familiar concepts–story structure, psychic distance, style, voice, and pacing–that are critical to success in the highly competitive publishing world. Bernhardt focuses on practical tips to make novels professional, engaging, and publishable.
You will learn how to:
• Hook readers on the first page
• Make your novel irresistible
• Make readers care about your characters
• Sustain interest
• Make dialogue distinctive
• Understand what makes a high-concept novel
• Edit for success
• Learning the hallmarks of publishable writing style
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds will be granted if notice of cancellation is given prior to July 15, 2018. After that date, refunds will not be granted, though paid registrations may be applied to future programs. Note: Hotel room cancellation requests must be directed to the hotel.
Seating is limited!
Don't miss this opportunity. Join us in Oklahoma City now!
JUST ANNOUNCED: WIN A BOOK CONTRACT!
Have a great manuscript? It’s time to show the world!
Enter our 2019 contest and you may be the winner of a book publishing contract with Babylon Books. Plus, winners in each category will be published in Conclave.
There’s no better time to jumpstart your writing career!
Location & Lodging
This year’s conference will be held at the historic Skirvin Hilton in downtown OKC.
Discover the charm of Oklahoma City when you stay at the famous Skirvin Hilton Hotel! This Four Star hotel is located just steps from the Bricktown Entertainment District, with plenty of dining and sightseeing options.
Get a special group rate by calling 1-800-HILTONS and mentioning group code WRITE–or click here to book online. Reserved space is limited, so book your room today!