Entries for the 2020 WriterCon Writer’s Conference in Oklahoma City Writing Contest may be submitted at any time after the entrant has registered. The deadline for entries is August 28, 2020. Winners will be announced September 5, 2020, at the Saturday night banquet. You must be registered for the conference to enter.
Once you have paid the contest entry fee, you may enter as many categories as you wish, up to five entries in each category! You may not enter the same material in multiple categories.
- Memoir (including personal essays)
- Flash Fiction
- Writing for Young Readers (including picture books, chapter books, middle grade and YA)
Rules for the WriterCon Writer’s Conference in Oklahoma City Contest
- You must be registered for the conference to enter.
- Once you have paid the contest entry fee, you may enter as many categories as you wish, up to five entries in each category. You may not enter the same material in multiple categories.
- All submissions are limited to ten pages or fewer, except for Novels, where you may submit the full manuscript regardless of length, and Flash Fiction, which should be limited to two pages.
- Entries must be submitted in the following format: double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12-point font, one-inch margins on all sides– except poetry, which may be formatted as the author pleases.
- The title, author name, and category should appear on a cover sheet, but not on the subsequent manuscript pages.
- No manuscript that has been previously published, in print or electronically, may be submitted.
- Material that has previously placed first in the WriterCon Writing Contests may not be resubmitted.
- Manuscripts will not be returned.
- Portions of first-place winning entries may be read at the Saturday night banquet.
Additionally, the winner of the Novel competition will be offered a publishing contract from Balkan Press.
Contest submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org